I’m thrilled to be able to offer Ghost Treeless Saddles to the Southern California region in partnership with Badlands Equine, the Ghost USA dealer.
The Ghost is an extremely versatile saddle which fits a variety of horses. It is very stable even on the most difficult to fit horses, and has very good spinal clearance and weight distribution created by the use of soft Sympanova panels which creates airflow and breathability. These panels have special foam inserts, which can be added to, if necessary, with additional shims to enhance fit. These panels are movable in position to create the best fit for each horse.
The base – the core of your GHOST saddle – is made from layers of strong and flexible material.
- Micropell (synthetic leather)
- Montecchio (fabric from Nylon and Polyurethane)
- Carbon (reinforcements around the stirrup- and rigging)
- Biothane Granite (belting)
- Steel (1mm inside the arch) standard, thicker steel for high withered, narrow horses
- Stainless steel for rings and studs
The special V girthing system is also adjustable in its position on the horse. The overall structure of the saddle is self-adjusting to each horse and therefore suits many different shapes/sizes/breed of horse, which is great if you have more than one horse to ride!
The saddle can be used with either traditional English style leathers, traditional fenders, or fenders that slip onto a 2.5cm /1″ leather.
Two positions are available – the center 2 rings in the Ghost base pictured here.
Ghost Treeless Saddle features:
- The Ghost has more “twist” to the seat than other treeless saddles which means less stress on the hips. (If you have felt like treeless isn’t an option for you in the past due to hip or low back strain–the Ghost may well solve this for you!)
- It has a very close contact feel.
- The supportive seat allows you to sit in the correct shoulder-hip-heel position without force.
- Stirrup and girth rigging are built into the side plates of the base, not hung over the spine.
- The panels can be adjusted and also filled with different or extra material, such as shims–no fitter needed! (Though we’re happy to help either in person or remotely!)
- Thigh rolls in either a GP or dressage angle offer support and rider security without getting in the way.
- The girth straps are adjustable in position and make the saddle very stable.
- It is lightweight (5 – 5.5 kilos, 10-11 pounds).
- There are no hard parts, the saddle is flexible to adapt to the shape of the horse throughout the stride.
- Two stirrup positions to support either a GP or dressage riding style.
- Manufactured in Europe (Italy) from environmentally friendly leather, no child labor involved.
- The seats are interchangeable to any style you like as long as it is the same size base.
- A choice of materials including Nubuck, Oiled Nubuck, leather, wool, sheepskin and two synthetic materials are available
- Available in three sizes (English size in inches): Standard (adult ~18″), Piccolo (small adult ~17″) and Bambini (child ~16″)
- Short base and panels for short-backed horses!
- Very well priced for quality, workmanship and design.
Demo and purchase:
We have a 10 day demo program so you spend enough time riding in the saddle to make sure it works for both you and your horse. Once you have demoed a Ghost and seen for yourself how amazing they are, we can put together the perfect order for you via phone or email. Demo models come with a return shipping label.
A non-custom saddle can be returned in NEW condition (please wrap stirrup leathers and remove girth from rigging after each use) with response via email or phone within 10 days for full refund less shipping and $100 restocking fee. We are happy to help you sell a customized model, as these are non-returnable.
Ghost is willing to customize various items like extra D rings. We recommend an extra pair of D’s in the front for breast collar attachments; attaching them as low as possible gives better stability. These are default when we order a saddle for you–please let me know if you do not want them. If you want more, just describe and we’ll get them put on. Keep in mind that customization in design, color, or materials means the saddle can’t be returned without a charge, so I highly recommend demoing to make sure the saddle will work for you and your horse before going too crazy with options!